Job Title: Skills Development & Victim Services Assistant – Full Time Position
The Skills Development & Victim Services Assistant contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively carrying out a variety of administrative and support functions. The position is responsible for working with the member communities of the Northern Shuswap Tribal Council and its partners to assist in the development of a skilled work force that assist the communities to achieve their vision for self-determination. The Skills Development & Victim Services Assistant effectively carries out the administrative and support functions for the Department as well as support services to victim/witnesses and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in inter-agency meetings
- Does presentations to communities and community groups.
- Maintains confidentiality on all matters relating to the business
- Performs administrative and clerical duties including filing, setting up appointments, processing correspondence, maintaining student records.
- Organizing meetings, compiling documents, development of agenda and minutes and distributes minutes to appropriate parties
- Support the recruitment of students for courses being offered by TRU and NSTC.
- Develops working relationship with internal and external groups that support the program mandate.
- Receives referrals, provides clients with case specific information.
- Relationship building with community organizations.
Education & Work Experience
- Applied Business Technology
- Victim Services Certification – completed or in progress would be an asset
- 2 to 3 years work experience in an office environment & working with clients
Salary: $15.89 to $20.14 depending on education and experience
Please submit your cover letter and resume including 3 references by November 13, 2019 @ 4:00 pm. Forward to:
Marg Shelley, Executive Director
Northern Shuswap Tribal Council
17 South 1st Avenue, Williams Lake, BC V2G 1H4