Senior Human Resources Manager – Northern Shuswap Tribal Council
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Senior Human Resources Manager provides administrative support, focusing on the development and delivery of HR programs, employee support and satisfaction, and contributing to the achievement of Northern Shuswap Tribal Council’s goals and objectives. This also includes support for the NStQ sister communities. The Senior Human Resources Manager provides leadership to the long-term achievement of capacity development, employee recruitment and engagement, succession management and the development of fair and cohesive working environment. The Senior Human Resources Manager carries out responsibilities in some or all of the functional areas: recruitment and retention, orientation, training and development, safety, performance management, succession management, employee relations, employee communication, and compensation and benefits.
- 5 plus years of human resources work experience with proven generalist proficiency in Human Resources Management
- Experience building capacity of leadership team and undertaking employee relations activities
- Experience investigation, training and eliminating bullying and harassment
- Experience facilitating training sessions
- Degree in Human Resources Management
- CPHR an asset
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and build effective interpersonal relationships across the organization and externally to NSTC
- Strong team orientation, maturity, professionalism and customer service attitude.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work assignments to balance multiple demands
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for word processing, databases, spreadsheets, email and the internet to the intermediate level (capable of using a large number of functions and feel confident using the program).
- Ability to use resources, be innovative and use initiative to solve problems.
For a complete job description, please visit the Employment section of the Northern Shuswap Tribal Council website at: www.northernshuswaptribalcouncil.com
Send your resume and cover letter along with 3 work related references to:
Northern Shuswap Tribal Council Society
17 South 1st Ave, Williams Lake, BC V2G 1H4
Or by email: email@example.com
Application Deadline: Open until the position is filled